The problems of Minister Kapil Mishra in the Delhi government seem to be increasing. The Rousse Avenue Court on Tuesday directed the Delhi Police to register an FIR against Minister Kapil Mishra in connection with the February 2020 Delhi riots and further investigations. However, the demand for registering an FIR against Kapil Mishra in the court has been opposed by the Delhi Police.
Earlier, the court reserved its verdict on March 24 on a petition seeking an FIR against the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and minister Kapil Mishra over the alleged role in the riots in North East Delhi in February 2020.
Decision reserve last month
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vaibhav Chaurasia of the court reserved the order for April 1 after hearing the arguments of the prosecution, complainant and Kapil Mishra’s lawyer. During the hearing, the police had told in the court that a plan was being made to make Kapil Mishra guilty.
Special Public Prosecutor Amit Prasad then argued that Kapil Mishra’s role has already been investigated in a large conspiracy of riots in Delhi. He told the court, “The information of Delhi Protest Support Group (DPSG) got information that the plan of flywheel jam was made long ago.
Ilyas filed a petition in court
Mohammad Ilyas, a resident of Yamuna Vihar, had demanded a FIR to register an FIR against the then police station in -charge of Dayalpur and 5 others. Among these 5 people are BJP MLA Mohan Singh Bisht and former MLA Jagdish Pradhan.
In a petition filed in August last year, Mohammad Ilyas claimed that on 23 February 2020, he saw Kapil Mishra and his friends blocking a road in Kardampuri. During this time, he was seen breaking the vehicles of hawkers and tracks. At that time, the then North East Deputy Police Commissioner and other Delhi Police officers were also standing. During this time, Kapil Mishra also threatened the protesters to vacate the place or face the consequences.