Delhi Chief Minister Rekha Gupta
Delhi government has taken a big decision regarding ration card, after which even those earning Rs 2.5 lakh annually in Delhi will be able to get their ration card made. Chief Minister Rekha Gupta has proposed to increase the ration card limit from Rs 1.2 lakh to Rs 2.5 lakh. He said that there has been a discussion in the Cabinet to increase the income limit for ration card to Rs 2.5 lakh. This decision will be approved in the next cabinet meeting. Apart from this, Rekha Gupta said that Delhi government has canceled more than 7 lakh ration cards. Speaking at a press conference on Thursday, he said that the government has canceled about 772,000 illegal ration cards and asked for fresh online applications.
The Chief Minister of Delhi said that no new ration card had been issued in Delhi for the last 13 years. After a thorough investigation, the government removed 144,000 people who did not fit the prescribed income norms. Also removed 35,800 people who were not getting ration.
At the same time, 29,580 people who had died were removed. While 23,394 ration card duplicates have been found. At present, the annual income limit for ration card in Delhi is Rs 1.2 lakh. Rekha Gupta said that the purpose of increasing this limit is to provide benefits to more needy people.
Application for new ration card started on the portal
Applications have started on the portal from May 15. The entire process from application to getting ration is digital. With this the beneficiaries will get full ration. He said that the Food Security Rule 2026 has been implemented. Now any person can apply from near his home. In the last 13 years, 3.72 lakh applications were made, but ration cards were not made.
Also read- Lottery held for UP government employees! Government increased DA by 2%, salary will increase
