UP Deputy CM Brajesh Pathak has ordered a high-level probe into an ITBP jawan’s allegation of medical negligence at a Kanpur hospital that led to his mother’s hand amputation. Pathak has assured that justice will be delivered.
Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Brajesh Pathak on Sunday announced that the state government has initiated a high-level probe into the recent incident involving an Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) jawan and his family at a local hospital, asserting that absolute justice will be delivered. Deputy Chief Minister also reviewed the state’s healthcare readiness amid soaring temperatures, confirming that strict directives have been issued to all Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) and district authorities to manage the heatwave effectively.
High-level probe into hospital incident
Speaking to ANI regarding the hospital controversy, Dy CM Brajesh Pathak said, “The government has taken serious note of the incident that occurred in the hospital involving the ITBP soldier and his family, and a high-level investigation has been ordered. Justice will be served in every situation.”
Pathak emphasised that accountability will be enforced once the official inquiry concludes. “We have instructed the concerned medical officers and the DG Health to submit a complete factual report. There will be no compromise under any circumstances, and we all stand firmly with the victim’s family,” he added.
UP reviews heatwave preparedness
Addressing the state’s public health response to the severe weather conditions, Pathak, who also oversees the health portfolio, stated that proactive measures are being taken across all districts to handle heat-related emergencies. “All CMOs and district officials across the state have been instructed to ensure adequate arrangements are made in hospitals to deal with the heatwave,” the Deputy CM told ANI.
Jawan alleges gross medical negligence
Earlier on May 19, an Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel in Kanpur created a stir after he reached the Police Commissioner’s Office carrying his mother’s amputated hand, alleging gross medical negligence by a private Hospital.
The personnel, identified as Vikas Singh of ITBP Maharajpur, claimed his mother developed a serious infection in her hand a day after being admitted for breathing issues at the hospital. He alleged that despite treatment, her condition worsened, forcing doctors at Paras Hospital to amputate her hand.
He told ANI, “I have been roaming around carrying my mother’s hand, but I have not got justice. I took my mother to Krishna Hospital when she experienced difficulty in breathing. The very next day, an infection developed on my mother’s hand during her admission in Krishna Hospital. Later, I took her to Paras Hospital, where her hand was cut off. Paras Hospital blamed Krishna Hospital. I want action to be taken against doctors and ICU staff of Krishna hospital.”
Police said the CMO has constituted a three-member inquiry panel and action will follow if negligence is confirmed. (ANI)
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by Asianet Newsable English staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)