San Diego: Three men were killed after two teenage shooters opened fire inside a mosque in San Diego on Monday before later killing themselves a few blocks away, police said. Authorities are investigating the incident at the Islamic Centre of San Diego as a hate crime.
San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl said the attack unfolded after one of the teenagers’ mothers contacted police earlier in the day to report that her son was missing along with multiple weapons and her vehicle.
“She was beginning to develop a bigger picture as to what she was dealing with and was conveying that to our folks, and we were trying to put that together and get out in front of this as quickly as we could,” Wahl said.