Hyderabad, Aug 22 (PTI) World No 3 Casey Kaufhold, who won a mixed team gold at the Paris Olympics, will make her debut at Archery Premier League when the second season begins in Hyderabad on October 8 as 12 overseas star archers are set to compete in the event.
The inaugural edition was held in Delhi last year, and the second season will once again feature several of the biggest names in world archery. However, the event will lack some of its sheen with no Korean archer in the overseas roster for a second successive season.
The American archer Casey, who won an Olympic medal at the age of 20, will join an elite line-up that includes Tokyo Games gold medalist Mete Gazoz of Turkey and Mexican stalwart Alejandra Valencia.
“The 15-second shot clock will be a new challenge, but I enjoy formats that demand focus, composure and trust in every shot. I am also excited to compete alongside some of the world’s best archers, and connect with the passionate archery fans in India,” said Casey.
World No. 2 and reigning World Games champions Mike Schloesser currently, and numero uno Andrea Becerra will also return after competing in the inaugural season.
Season 1 standout and 2025 World Championship Silver medallist Mathias Fullerton will also return alongside Mexico’s 22-year-old Matias Grande and Spain’s Elia Canales for the 11-day tournament.
“Bringing 12 leading international archers, including three Olympic medallists, to APL Season 2 reflects our ambition to make India an important destination on the global archery calendar,” said Anil Kamineni, Director, APL.
World No. 3 compound archer Alejandra Usquiano of Colombia and Brazil’s world number one Marcus D’Almeida are among the other international archers set to make their APL debuts in Hyderabad.