Two separate protests were held in Bhopal. Teacher recruitment candidates demanded more Class 2 & 3 posts for the 2025 drive, with one on a hunger strike. Another group protested the closure of 25,000 government schools and their poor state.
A protest was held in Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal on Sunday during which participants demanded an increase in posts under the Secondary and Primary Teacher Recruitment-2025. There was also a separate protest under the banner of the School Bachao Sangharsh Samiti Madhya Pradesh in which protesters raised concerns over the condition of government schools and alleged closure of a large number of schools, among other issues.
Candidates Demand More Posts and Faster Recruitment
Candidates from across Madhya Pradesh continued their protest for the third consecutive day, demanding an increase in the number of Class 2 and Class 3 posts under the 2025 recruitment drive and an expedited recruitment process. Protester Narendra Rajput, who has been on sitting on a hunger strike, said he had given up even water and that his fast had entered its 40th hour.
“I have given up even water; it has been 40 hours. For nine months, we have been pressing a simple demand regarding recruitment quotas – asking that you not issue notifications for such a small number of vacancies. You are the government, yet you simply weren’t grasping the situation. Madhya Pradesh wants change. The number of vacancies in every recruitment drive is abysmally low,” Rajput said.
Another protester said the candidates were demanding an increase in vacancies for Class 2 and Class 3 positions and urged the State government to treat the additional posts as a “Raksha Bandhan gift”. “There are 25,000 vacant Class 3 posts, and we are demanding 3,000 posts per subject for Class 2. We want them to fulfil these demands and give us this Raksha Bandhan gift,” the protester said.
Women participating in the protest said they do not need the government’s monthly assistance of Rs 1,500, but want appointments and an increase in the number of posts so that they can support their families through their own earnings. The protesters have urged the Madhya Pradesh government to increase the number of Class 2 and Class 3 posts and expedite the recruitment process.
Activists Protest School Closures and Poor Conditions
Meanwhile, in the protest held at Neelam Park, students under the banner of the School Bachao Sangharsh Samiti Madhya Pradesh saw Gen Alpha and Gen Z students, teachers and parents from different parts of the state participating. Protesters raised concerns over the condition of government schools, alleged closure of a large number of schools and issues related to the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET).
The protesters questioned the policy of shutting down schools and alleged that more than 25,000 schools across Madhya Pradesh had been closed. The School Bachao Andolan has warned of intensifying the agitation and holding an indefinite sit-in if their demands are not addressed.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by Asianetnews Editorial staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)