Ha Young has resumed filming for her upcoming SBS drama The Long Shot Trial amid the ongoing controversy surrounding her family history. The actress had reportedly taken a brief break from the production following backlash over allegations concerning her great-grandfather’s alleged pro-Japanese activities. On August 20, reports claimed that Ha Young had returned to the set after a weeklong break, prompting her agency BISTUS Entertainment to issue an update. The agency confirmed that the actress is continuing with her previously scheduled filming, while requesting understanding regarding the specific details of her schedule. Meanwhile, the drama’s production team is reportedly discussing the situation.
Ha Young resumes filming amid family controversy
Ha Young has reportedly returned to filming for The Long Shot Trial after taking a break from the production amid the controversy surrounding her family history. The actress was previously reported to have shed tears on set on August 13 before stepping away from filming for several hours.
Following the incident, Ha Young is said to have taken a weeklong break with the production team’s consideration. Reports on August 20 claimed that she had returned to the set and resumed filming for the upcoming SBS drama.
Ha Young’s agency shares update
Reacting to reports about her return, Ha Young’s agency BISTUS Entertainment confirmed that the actress is continuing with her previously scheduled filming.
is continuing with her previously scheduled filming,” the agency stated, while asking for understanding as it is difficult to provide specific details about her filming schedule or progress. The agency’s statement comes amid continued attention surrounding the actress following allegations about her great-grandfather’s alleged pro-Japanese activities. Ha Young’s agency had previously issued a statement addressing the controversy, while the actress also personally apologised through a handwritten letter.
Meanwhile, sources connected to The Long Shot Trial have acknowledged that the production is taking the situation seriously. They reportedly said that careful discussions are currently taking place between the production company and other relevant parties. The sources added that any decisions regarding the matter will be announced through official channels once they are finalised. They also noted the practical challenges involved, particularly the need to minimise potential damage to the drama’s large cast and crew. The production team is reportedly coordinating the remaining essential filming schedules from various angles as discussions continue.
About The Long Shot Trial
Set to premiere in 2027, The Long Shot Trial is a lighthearted legal comedy starring Lee Je Hoon. The drama follows Kwon Baek, a former lawyer who now works as a law office manager, and the unconventional team around him as they attempt to turn seemingly impossible cases into victories.
The drama is reportedly around 90 percent complete in filming. However, concerns have emerged because the series is based on a popular Japanese drama and is currently scheduled to air in February, shortly before South Korea’s March 1st Independence Movement Day. As discussions surrounding Ha Young continue, further updates on her involvement and the drama’s release plans are expected to be shared through official channels.
About Ha Young family controversy
’s family history came under intense scrutiny after she mentioned her great-grandfather during a television appearance. While discussing her family’s medical background, she described him as a pioneering doctor who had treated Emperor Gojong. Soon after, online investigators identified him as Ahn Sang-Ho and alleged that historical records showed his involvement in colonial-era pro-Japanese organisations. The revelations sparked widespread criticism, particularly as South Korea approached Liberation Day.